October is definitely the month for conferences I'm leaving today for San Francisco and I'll be at a couple of events, so here's a little update on this month.
Virtual Worlds 2007 - Oct 10-11, San Jose, CA. Thursday, 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Web-based Virtual Worlds
This session of leading web-based virtual worlds experts will discuss the finer points of developing web-based virtual worlds. Attendees will gain valuable insight into best practices, techniques and technologies for implementing web-based virtual worlds. Find out why web-based virtual worlds are here to stay and how the technology roadmap will develop over time.
- Daniel James, CEO, Three Rings
- Nabeel Hyatt, Founder & CEO, Conduit Labs
- Teemu Huuhtanen, President N.A., Sulake
- Toshitaka Jiku, EVP and CTO, 3Di Inc.
also I'll be in San Francisco next week at the Widget Summit and Web 2.0 Summit (Summit is the new conference, apparently). Then later in the month I'll be doing an event that is hosted by Scott Kirsner of the Boston Globe.
Entrepreneurs, CEOs, VCs, journalists, and PR professionals are increasingly cranking out blogs, podcasts, and video dispatches. How does this change the way the tech sector gets covered? What does it mean for CEOs trying to get their stories out, PR firms trying to get coverage for their clients, VC firms touting their investments, journalists trying to cover important news, and customers tracking the market? (Not to mention the relationships between all of these players.)
We'll bring together representatives from all four camps for a wide-ranging conversation (definitely *not* a panel) about the way blogs are changing the game in the tech world.
- Don Dodge, Director of Business Development, Microsoft
- Jimmy Guterman, Editor of Release 2.0, O'Reilly Radar
- Barbara Heffner, partner at CHEN PR
- Nabeel Hyatt, CEO at Conduit Labs
- Scott Kirsner, Boston Globe "Innovation Economy" columnist
- Bijan Sabet, venture capitalist at Spark Capital
there are only a few place left for this, and you can RSVP here. Hope to see you at one of these spots.